Saturday, April 26, 2008

So Sad

Maybe it's just me, but when I normally hear about murders and unexplained deaths in the news I feel largely unmoved. You can't be that moved if you don't know the person/s after all, but I must confess hearing the story of the deaths of Heather Wardle and James Hughes really upset me; it does still.

The police intimated at the outset that Heather committed suicide, but then revealed James could not be found. We all knew what the outcome would be, didn't we, but didn't want to admit it to ourselves? The day his body was found I very nearly cried when I found out. A 22 year old man, so severely disabled that he had a mental age of 18 months, unable to care for himself, and was found in a suitcase in a garden. I'm sorry but this isn't my world.

No comments: